Invisalign in Miami, FL
It’s true that crowded, crooked, gapped, or overlapped teeth can take away from a beautiful smile. More importantly, these issues can have a negative impact on function and oral health. Fortunately, many patients are able to straighten their smile without the use of metal braces. Invisalign® is an innovative orthodontic system that aligns the teeth using clear, removable plastic trays. Dr. Mileidis Pena Marro offers this treatment at Truedent Family Dentistry.
Advantages of Invisalign
The most obvious benefit of Invisalign is that it’s virtually invisible. In fact, most people won’t even realize you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment. Secondly, the aligner trays are incredibly sleek and smooth. With no metal brackets, bands, or wires to irritate the tissues, Invisalign trays are comfortable to wear.
Removability is another significant advantage of Invisalign. Patients who choose this orthodontic option can simply take the trays out before meals and when brushing and flossing. As a result, there are no hygiene or dietary restrictions.
Am I Eligible for Invisalign?
If you’re looking for a more discreet orthodontic option, you can be considered for Invisalign. This treatment is effective for the majority of patients, but it’s not right for everyone. If you have complex orthodontic problems that stem from skeletal issues, you may benefit more from traditional braces.
Candidates should also be in good oral health and have a full understanding of the treatment process. Patient compliance is vital; the treatment will not be successful if the trays are not worn as directed.
What Conditions Can be Treated with Invisalign?
Fortunately, Invisalign can treat many of the same conditions that braces can. This includes:
- Open bites
- Crowded or overlapped teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Rotated or tipped teeth
How Long Will Treatment Take?
The answer to this question is different for everyone. In general, Invisalign takes about the same amount of time as conventional braces. Mild cases may be corrected in just a few months, while others may take up to 18 months or more. Your timeline will depend on many factors, including the severity of your misalignment and your commitment to treatment. During a consultation with Dr. Pena Marro, she can let you know approximately how long your Invisalign treatment will take.
What to Expect during Treatment
If you’re considering Invisalign, here’s what you can expect during the treatment process:
- Initial examination: To determine candidacy for Invisalign, Dr. Pena Marro performs a full assessment of the teeth, gums, jaw joints, and orofacial structures.
- Impressions: If you qualify for treatment, impressions will be taken.
- Fabrication of aligners: The impressions are sent to the Invisalign lab, where a trained technician designs and creates your trays according to Dr. Pena Marro’s specifications.
- Try-in visit: When your trays are complete, we will schedule you for an office visit. During this appointment, we will try in your trays and provide guidelines regarding wear and maintenance.
- Active treatment: For successful treatment, your trays must be worn at least 22 hours every day. You should only remove them when brushing, flossing, eating, or drinking. During active treatment, we will monitor your progress every four to six weeks.
- Retention: Once your teeth have shifted into their proper positions, retention is required to keep them from moving back. Dr. Pena Marro can speak with you about your retainer options and provide detailed instructions for wear.
Contact Truedent Family Dentistry
A straighter, more beautiful smile may be closer than you think. To explore your treatment options, schedule a visit at our Miami, FL practice. Call our office at (786) 847-0123 or contact us online anytime.
Would definitely recommend to anyone! The people who work here are so friendly and make you feel as comfortable as they can. Very professional, and they have great deals!! It's also a fairly new office and it's so lovely in there, very clean all the time.